Introduction / grml-zsh-refcard / grmlzshrc(5) / grml-zsh-config / zsh-lovers / Resources
One of the main features of the grml system is the zsh (Z shell). The zsh is the default interactive shell of the grml system. On this webpage you will find information regarding the zsh on grml.
The grml-zsh-refcard provides a short overview of defined aliases, functions and settings of zsh on the grml system. Download it, print it and improve your zsh skills!
- grml-zsh-refcard.pdf (~108kB)
grmlzshrc(5) is a manpage providing detailled information about grml's zsh configuration. On the grml system it is available offline via 'man grmlzshrc'. An online version is available as well:
- grmlzshrc.html (~50kB)
You do not have to use grml/Debian to use grml's zsh configuration. Just retrieve and install the configuration files in your home directory via executing for example:
# IMPORTANT: please note that you might override an existing # configuration file in the current working directory! => wget -O .zshrc https://git.grml.org/f/grml-etc-core/etc/zsh/zshrc # Optionally also grab the user configration: # wget -O .zshrc.local https://git.grml.org/f/grml-etc-core/etc/skel/.zshrc
Tip: for Archlinux linux users exists an official grml-zsh-config package.
zsh-lovers is a small project which tries to collect tips, tricks and examples for the Z shell. Authors of the zsh-lovers manual page are Christian 'strcat' Schneider, Matthias Kopfermann and Michael Prokop.
Main part of zsh-lovers is the manual page which is available in several formats:
- zsh-lovers.1 (manual page)
The zsh-lovers archive includes the zsh-lovers manual page and several zsh configuration files. Get it from the zsh-lovers directory at the grml repository.
Notice: If you would like to have zsh-lovers on your Debian system add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list (run 'apt-get update && apt-get install zsh-lovers'):
# grml-repository deb http://deb.grml.org/ grml-stable main
If you find any bugs or suggestions please mail us! Feedback is welcome - help us to improve it!
- zsh.org: zsh-homepage
- zsh.sourceforge.net/ - main zsh-homepage
- zsh.sf.net - zsh-projectpage
- Z-Shell FAQs
- Zsh Wikiweb
- Zsh - mailing list archive
- From Bash to Z Shell: Conquering the Command Line
- Zsh reference-card (PDF)
- The Single UNIX ® Specification, Version 2 - Shell Command Language Index
- Debian bug reports for zsh
- Zsh-Webpage by Christian Schneider
- Adam's UNIX shells page
- kwtools - a big zsh-scriptcollection (based on dialog) by Kai Wilke for often used apps
- Zzappers Best of ZSH tips by David Rayner
- more links on zsh-homepage
- A User's Guide to the Z-Shell by Peter Stephenson (1999)
- Curtains up: introducing the Z shell by IBM Developerworks (2001)
- Zsh Workshop by Larry P. Schrof
Zsh configuration files:
- www.michael-prokop.at/computer/tools_zsh.html - zsh-Seite von Michael Prokop
- Zsh-Liebhaber-Seite von Michael Prokop und Matthias Kopfermann